Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

CSA Week #9

Beets, corn, dragon tongue beans, cucumbers, kale, basil, zucchini, broccoli, fennel, onion and garlic.

This week's CSA seems a little less overwhelming than past weeks.  It's not less food but it's more variety with less of each item.  I still have a few things leftover from last week that I need to use up, such as 10 cucumbers!  I think I will make some more pickles which turned out awesome!  Crunchy, vinegary and a little zesty from the peppercorns and pepper flakes.  I'm also hoping to do a little baking with the zucchini this weekend and post the recipes.  I'm really looking forward to getting heirloom tomatoes soon so I can make salsa, pasta sauce and soup!  For now, I am snacking on all of the sungolds from my own plant.  I recommend getting out to your farmers markets this weekend.  We are in prime season when everything tastes better fresh from the local soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment