Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cooking Up a Storm

Well, it's official.  I love cooking.  Each night this week I have come home from work and cooked up a storm.  Monday I made scones, just because they sounded good.  Last night after making dinner for myself, I decided to make a Lovage Soup to use up the herb from the CSA.  And tonight I made a quick sauce to use this weekend  as well as a big orzo dish for dinner.  The dog is all out of sorts because he doesn't understand why I am spending so much more time in the kitchen and not petting him.  It's great having more free time this summer so I can do what I love so much!

LOVAGE SOUP
Lovage is an herb that is very similar to the leafy tops of celery.  I had never had it before but after googling it, a potato-based soup seemed like the best recipe to try it.  This soup tastes very homey and comforting.  I like how the texture is somewhere between brothy soup and a creamy soup.  I decided to add orzo to mine which I think was a necessary addition to add some substance.

http://nourishedkitchen.com/lovage-soup/


Boiling down the potatoes in chicken stock

Not the best picture, but a cup all ready to go to work with me the next day



PARMA AND SPINACH ORZO
The other day I was going through all of my Pinterest recipes noting that I never try any of them.  I ran across this one and thought it would be perfect for using up the last of my Spinach from my CSA.  Pretty basic but tasty. This made be realize I don't eat enough orzo.  What a great little pasta!

http://damndelicious.net/2014/02/10/parmesan-spinach-orzo/



Coming Up:  Pictures of this week's CSA, as well as my first harvest from my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment