Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Pork Belly Tacos

For B's birthday, I bought him a butchering class at Underground Butcher on Willy Street.  When I tell some people that, they think it is really strange but he loved it!  The class was 6 guys and they paired off to butcher a hog.  At the end of the class, not only did he gain great knowledge, but also pork chops, a tenderloin, a roast and pork belly.


The goods he got to bring home! 


Now B LOVES pork belly but I have been a little reluctant because of how fatty it is.  So I put him in charge of preparing it.  One Sunday when I was out of town, I came home to a house filled with the smell of bacon.  Here is the recipe he used.


I will have to admit, the pork belly is delicious!  I try to stick to the crunchy and meaty pieces but the fat just melts in your mouth.  Well now that we have this huge slab of cooked pork belly, we had to do something with it.  We landed on Pork Belly Tacos to start.  And oh my! were they good.  I could eat them every week.  We topped the tacos off with cilantro, goat cheese, pickled onions and salsa verde.  Here is the very simple and quick recipe I used for the pickled onions.


Pork Belly Tacos


Num!  I can't wait to come up with more things to do with this slab of meat.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi there im interested in working with you in a collaboration. What is a good way to reach you?

    ReplyDelete