Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

Week #6: Everyday Meals

We are starting to get more and more each week now.  And after being gone on vacation, I really started to back up on my veggies.  I like to to try to get through each week's share before we get the next's but sometimes that's impossible.  So this past week, I had a make a real effort to incorporate as many vegetables into my meals as possible.  Even better, we ended the weekend with having friends over for dinner.  One of the best ways to work through the food before it spoils!

Week 6 Share: Broccoli, fresh onions, garlic scapes, kohlrabi, beets, swiss chard, patty pan squash, zucchini, parsley and sugar snap peas.

Week 6 Share

Tuesday Night Dinner:  Mixed greens salad topped with grilled beets and blue cheese with a lemon vinaigrette.  Lettuce, beets and green onions were all from my CSA.
Grilled Beets Salad

Wednesday Night Dinner:  Spaghetti with Swiss Chard, Bacon and Lemon Ricotta.
Instead of blanching the Swiss chard, I just sauteed it with the bacon and onion.  I also decided to top it off with some bread crumbs for more texture.
http://food52.com/recipes/17723-swiss-chard-and-lemon-ricotta-pasta
Swiss Chard Pasta

Thursday Night Dinner:  Still one of my absolute favorites!  No Bake Lasagna with Sauteed cherry tomatoes, zucchini, ricotta and basil.  The zucchini was from the CSA while some of the tomatoes and basil were from my garden.  So fabulous on a warm summer night.
http://www.marthastewart.com/334102/no-bake-summer-lasagna

No Bake Lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment