Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 6: Picture!

Wow!  Looking at this week's box you would never think that we are going through a drought here.  We haven't had a good rain since May.  The farmers say that even though this week is very boutiful there will probably be some small weeks ahead since they haven't been able to plant as much as they hoped  They are spending their time taking care of what they have.  That is all part of a CSA.  I am definitely excited for this week!  I have a lot of work and meal planning to do...


Basil -- huge plant; may need to make pesto this time
Summer Squash -- count 'em...8 more!  to add to the 4 we already have.  I knew this would happen.  I think I will be baking this week
Beets -- hopefully I find a recipe that changes my mind on beets this time
Carrots -- nothing better than a farm fresh carrot
Sugar Snap Peas Pods
Purple Bean -- I have never had these but they look just like green beans
Cherry tomatoes -- Newsletter said they are called Golden Nuggets
Cucumber -- time to make my favorite summer salad!!





No comments:

Post a Comment